Friday, April 24, 2009

Home is Who You Are

Self realizations and insights from my mind:

I don't like it when people repeat themselves over, and over...and over again.
I refrain from speaking at times because I have a problem with repeating myself, and as a result dislike myself.

I need to continue to develop the ability to not let my emotions hinder who I am and responsibilities I need to uphold.

I expect too much from myself. I don't deny my feelings, but I am very critical of myself by how my feelings affect my performance in everyday life.

I value service towards others.

I like pepper.

I need at least 8 hours of sleep and to schedule alone time for me.

I have a passion for teaching and developing relationships.

I choose to be around people because I value the memories and experiences that I may have with them.

I recognize that I don't usually give my opinion unless it is requested. In this recognition, I don't usually feel the need to change this habit and freely give my thoughts more often. This is quite funny, due to the content of this blog. I chose to write this as an outlet for me. I know that those who read are those who are interested in me as a friend and person, and I want you to know these things about me.

On the account that I must soon leave, one of the greatest lessons that I have learned this year is home is who you are. My apartment mates for next year and I discussed ways to make our place seem "hommie" and a refuge for us all. That was also my intent for my dorm room this year. I wanted to develop relationships and friendships with my peers to try to simulate a home-like atmosphere. But these are the truths to me: a place is a place as it is, and people are who they are. I can't compare friends in New England to friends in CA. They are just different. I need to embrace them for who they are and where they are in their lives. I can't expect my "home" in NE to be my "home" in CA, or even remotely like it. A place is a place, and I must carry the home that I want it to be inside of me and who I am. The warmth and provision that God provides for me is not in a house, or in people, but it is in the Holy Spirit. It is my goal to keep my mind on God's plan for my life, and His strength to make a home where I feel safe.

1 comment:

mudge said...

Wow what great insight and understanding for a young adult living in a hectic adult life. If you hold on to these ideas and values thru your life you'll be able to live and adjust to anywhere God has planned for you. You amaze me and I so proud of you KaKa. Love, Mudge