I used to really not like the Bird of Paradise plant. To me they looked ugly and rigid and pointy, erring more on the side of an "evil" flower versus the pure good-natured rose. Mom had a few of the big bushes (bigger than the one above) in the backyard when I was growing up, tucked back in the corner by the fence. It wasn't until I began school at Gordon College and moved away from this tropical plant that I began to appreciate its beauty and unique design. I love how brightly colored they are. And instead of pointy and sharp, I more importantly see these flowers as expressive and calling of attention. They can say to their admirers,
"Spring up, look out! I'm here and not following the stereotypical floral beauty, but love me and cherish me for my bright and creative way of living. I know that my life is good and naturally I am an individual flower, surrounded by others of my kind, but if you put me in a vase with different flowers, my beauty shows just as strong and often complements the other buds around me."


No comments:
Post a Comment