Friday, September 30, 2011

Am I Writing Enough

One of my guilty pleasures as a blogger is to check the amount of blogs I write per month, and then try to average about the same amount or more to maintain an even documentary. This may be out of my desire to have some control in my life, and/or also because, if you know me at all, I love my projects. Yes, this particular post may be my way of increasing the statistics of the month of September, but I also think there will be good words to follow. While adding to the monthly collection of posts is most certainly is an intrinsic goal of mine, and not just a petty obsession, this time to write let's me look back on this month, and has left me reflecting on all the things that have happened which have prevented me from the online updates (out of chronological order):
  • Began my Abnormal Psychology class
  • Signed up to walk in for the National Brain Tumor Association
  • Began writing the candy order at Trader Joe's
  • Began teaching voice lessons at Shore Country Day School
  • Began church choir season
  • Started reading through the book of Isaiah
  • Started volunteering for Northeast Arc
  • Spent time with Vangie in the hospital, almost went in 3 days a week for the first two weeks of September
  • Vangie died
  • Went to Vangie's memorial service
  • Been starting to try to reconnect with friends in the area, and pursuing those friendships
  • Watched my plumeria plant grow
I can't believe so many things have started this month, and ended. This is just a physical list of what has been on my plate, not mentioning all of the brain power I've been using to make certain activities at work successful, the details of homework for class, and the emotional struggle and exhaustion from grieving.

Tomorrow is the walk to fight brain tumors, October 1, 2011.

Pray for me as a new month begins.

No comments: