Saturday, April 3, 2010

My favorite homemade pancake recipe

It's the closest thing I can find to my dad's Bisquick pancake recipe, which means when he's not there to make them, this is the next best thing.

1 cup flour
1 TBSP baking powder
3 TBSP sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 TBSP vegetable oil
1 cup milk
1 egg
***Raisiins (this is the key ingredient for making pancakes like my dad)

Combine dry ingredients. Separately combine wet ingredients. Add wet mix to the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth. Using a non-stick pan, do not oil the pan. Heat pan to medium heat. After pouring the desired amount of batter into the pan for a pancake, sprinkle the raisins on top. My favorite figures include a happy face, the letter "K," or just trying to sprinkle the raisins equally apart across the entire pancake. At a good temperature, the pancakes cook very quickly. One batch yields approximately 10 pancakes, average diameter 5".

2 comments:

Amandasaurus said...

I've never had pancakes with raisins in them. I did however jump on the first opportunity to make banana blueberry pancakes when I got home this weekend. Sometime we should have a pancake bash and trade!

Kate said...

I would LOVE to meet for pancakes!!! Maybe on a Saturday morning?