We spent far too long picking out outfits and jewelry, fixing our hair and makeup, and affirming each other in our final "look," but it was much needed splurge time and affirmation for our psyches. Megan wore jeans and this very cute top that she recently found at Target. She had been waiting to find a special occasion for its first showing, and the GSO concert was it. I was really the culprit of going through too many outfits, but decided on a pair of nice jeans, maroon cami, with Megan's marigold cardigan. I also wore my very special scarf from dear friend Agey, and Grandy's topaz earrings from Carloforte, Italy (I had been having a weird day, so I needed a few special momentos for the evening).
Before actually leaving for the concert, Megan and I shared a dessert: crepe with caramelized apples a la mode with tea.
We made it to the concert just in time before the music started. The music was wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to how the strings in particular were so united and moving throughout the entire evening. I think that the work of the new conductor and individual attention from Dr. Kim has really developed this section of the music department. Sarah Heltzel and the Gordon College Choir joined by Lyricora also performed that evening.
One of the main feelings that I had when I left the concert was my craving to perform music like this. I desire to learn good music and have it practiced and rehearsed and focus on little nuances to make it a piece of art, especially choral music. While I could just work on repertoire for a solo recital, and probably will, there is something about making music in a chamber setting that is so appealing to me. It is the opportunity to use my instrument and musicality in conjunction with others thoughts and strengths that will provide not only balance, but also a challenge to work together to achieve the artform's highest quality.


No comments:
Post a Comment