Monday, March 10, 2008

Friends

Friendships are such curious adventures. You think that you're as tight and close to a person as you can get, and you doubt that you can become closer friends, and then you do. Friendships display such diverse parts of one's character. You can have so many meanings and impressions on one person in such unintentional ways.

Friends can make you feel so many unexpected emotions even if you feel completely opposite a minute before. For example, I can be extremely grumpy one minute and then talk with a friend the next, and then I may be giggling uncontrollably.

The part about friendships that I'm still getting used to is that feeling of trust. I am often told that I am a very private person. It's not that I don't trust, but it's strange for me to share personal details with people. It doesn't matter who you are and your relationship to me. I just like to keep to myself. But I am beginning to experience and appreciate the deeper friendships that come with sharing my personal details and experiences.

I feel very blessed by my close friendships.

No comments: