Friday, March 28, 2008

Sacrifice.

My grandpa is back in the hospital. He is supposed to have surgery sometime today, tomorrow, or next Monday...well, sometime soon.

I'm finally beginning to understand friendship. And what I mean by understand, is learning by doing. I'm finally talking to people. Learning to listen and share.

I'm learning what it means to love. My close friend told me that love is not an emotion, but it's an action, or rather actions. Love is doing someone's laundry. It is caring for someone when they are ill or in need of support. Love is sitting with someone and not needing to say anything because your very presence is comforting to them. Love is obedience. It involves picking up the slack for one who can't do any more on their own. Love is working towards fixing problems in a relationship, instead of running away from them. Sometimes the love you put into a relationship is not returned. Love is sacrifice.

No comments: